"Give him time. He isn't even in office yet", they said.
Well. He took the oath.
Gave a dark and divisive speech and got to work.
- Overturned an Obama executive order that was saving low income Americans money when buying a house
- Removed all references to climate change from the White House website
- Removed all references to LGBT rights
- Sent a memo ordering "a government wide "regulatory freeze until further confirmation"
- Signed executive order to let agency heads take action to "ease the burden" of the Affordable Care Act with an intent to repeal it
- Changed decor of the Oval Office to all gold (I know--doesn't really impact any of us, but it's just sooo Trumpian)
- Shut off the Twitter account of National Park Service because they tweeted facts about his small inaugural crowd
- Began preparing a budget that cuts funding for many social programs like National Endowment for the Arts, National Endowment for Humanities, Corporation For Public Broadcasting, Legal Services for poor, Violence against Women grants
In other words, President Trump acted exactly as Candidate Trump and President Elect Trump had done and had been telling us what he would do.
He reinforced his image as a bullying, narcissistic, egomaniacal man with no concern for working men and women and a complete lack of overarching values or desire for unity.
Have I "wait and see"d long enough?